2020 Boot Camps
WATCH THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES AND ANY SCHEDULE CHANGES.
Upcoming 2020 Boot Camps
Fundamentals in Editing, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Date: Feb. 27
Location: Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 | East Room
Trainers: Merrill Perlman & Teresa Schmedding
What we’ll cover:
- Why editing is important (and how to convince your bosses)
- Grammar and punctuation basics
- Commonly confused and misused words
- Elements of proofreading
- Clarity: smoothing out dense or garbled prose, streamlining copy
- Accuracy: checking facts and sources, ensuring charts/graphics are correct, identifying and filling in missing information
- Headlines: writing clear, informative display type in print and online (including SEO)
- Style: why you need a style guide
Cost: $200 members/$250 nonmembers
Art & Science of Digital Editing
Presenter: Teresa Scmedding
Date: Wednesday, April 30
Time: 1 - 5 p.m.
Cost: $100 for conference attendees/$150 for non-conference attendees
In this half-day session, we’ll cover:
- Structure of content
- Tools to evaluating content
- Lessons for writing
- The role of emotions
- Words that prompt the most engagement on social
- Critical elements in display type
*Attendees should bring a laptop or tablet to complete hands-on exercises.
*Please note, this boot camp is a pre-conference workshop at the ACES National Conference. You must register using the link below.