In this role, you'll be part of the AWS event program, which supports a wide variety of event content. You will edit highly technical internal- and external-facing event materials, such as PowerPoint presentations, titles and abstracts, website content, and creative assets. You will work closely with the team’s other technical editors, AWS subject matter experts, and content managers as well as with stakeholders on the larger Global Events team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience editing content for technical audiences and the ability to drive consistency and unity across content deliverables. You'll understand customers’ needs and how to act as a customer advocate. You'll have experience with PowerPoint formatting, layout, and template design or equivalent experience editing content while also addressing layout and design needs. You'll have experience editing in a corporate environment and with juggling the needs of internal and external stakeholders as well as style and branding guidelines. Finally, you'll have solid project management experience, strong attention to detail, the ability to learn new tools and processes quickly, and excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
– 3+ years of experience editing technical content
– A degree in English, technical communication, or a related field OR 4+ additional years of experience editing technical content
– Copyediting and proofreading experience
– Experience working in PowerPoint, addressing layout/formatting needs, or equivalent
– Project management skills, including experience juggling multiple projects at once, setting schedules, and prioritizing work