- Prepares clear, concise, and technically accurate rewrites / final products to improve readability of technical writing and intelligence assessments (or other comparable documents).
- Identifies and resolves issues with organization, logic, style, mechanics, and formatting.
- Mentors and/or tutors technical analysts, production personnel, and new or junior technical editors.
- Instructs in fundamentals of technical writing and intelligence analysis tradecraft, production processes, and capabilities of production tools.
- Applies analytical methodologies, intelligence production support systems and tools, and automation techniques required and available to support the element's mission.
- Understands Intelligence Community (IC) regulations, directives, standards, guidelines, capabilities, roles, and responsibilities.
- Initiates and works well in a writing/editing team to implement ways to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of written products, processes, and services.
- Interacts, coordinates, and builds relationships with others to accomplish goals in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.