Contract Support for Technical Editing of ITRC Guidance Document
May 30, 2018
This Request for Quote (RFQ) is for technical editing services for the ITRC TPH Risk Evaluation at Petroleum-Contaminated Sites technical guidance document. The ITRC website (www.itrcweb.org) contains additional information and examples of ITRC’s published documents.
• Edits technical document according to established corporate standards concerning the order, style, and terminology according to ITRC Style Guides and format guidelines.
• Consults with technical team leads and subject-matter experts to ensure a common understanding of the publication to be produced.
• Conducts editing for continuity and clarity of expression.
• Corrects syntax/grammar, punctuation, expression, and spelling.
• Creates cohesion among various sections of the document.
• Cross checks references, footnotes, citations, headings for uniformity and consistency.
• Consults with ITRC staff to ensure schedules and timelines are reachable.
The document to be edited contains no more than 300 pages including 150 pages of text and 150 pages of appendices. A copy of the document outline can be supplied upon request. The average time to edit a 300-page document is 70 hours.
• Submit a one-page cover letter on Proposer letterhead with the names and contact information of the Key Person and a fully loaded hourly labor rate for technical editing services.
• Submit no more than a two-page narrative outlining the technical and management capabilities of the Key Persons and how these capabilities will allow the ITRC documents to be edited on schedule and with excellence.
• Submit no more than two-page resume of the Key Person who shall provide the services for the extent of the contract. Resumes should be customized to show technical editing skills and qualifications.
Proposers must submit an electronic copy of the proposal by 5:00 PM Eastern time, Friday, June 13, 2018, to Carolyn Sistare at email@example.com.