GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Supplementation Editorial Team Supervisor is primarily responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Supplementation Editorial Team members. The Supplementation Editorial Team is comprised of various levels of staff legal Editors (Associate Editors in training, Editors, and Senior Editors) who provide legal and editorial analysis of laws and ordinances for General Code’s local government clients. The Supplementation Editorial Team Supervisor is a member of the Codification Operations Management Team.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS PERFORMED:
• Supervises the Supplementation Editorial Team, including:
o Working with Editors to address obstacles as they work to ensure timely completion of projects and achievement of goals.
o Coaching and motivating both the team and individuals directly to meet performance goals.
o Creating and monitoring development and certification plans for individuals.
o Using objective measures to track, manage, and improve performance of individual contributors, clarifying individual responsibilities required to meet or exceed established performance and quality goals.
o Modeling and holding staff accountable to our stated company values.
• Partners with Codification Training Supervisor to develop individual training plans and performance measures for new Associate Editors.
• Partners with Codification Training Supervisor to identify training and development opportunities for Editors.
• Partners with Supplementation Workflow Coordinator to ensure sufficient staff hours to meet production goals.
• Identifies opportunities for productivity, quality, and timeliness improvements; collaborates with the other members of the Codification Operations Management Team to implement changes.
• Participates in annual budgeting process; reviews production requirements and uses quantitative models to forecast staff hours and resources needed to meet budget targets.
• Understands company business model, goals, strategies, and culture.
• Understand profitability objectives and works within and toward those objectives.