Implements innovative media and external affairs tactics to advance WWF's conservation mission and drive engagement with policymakers, the public, influencers and media. Also, supports the Media & External Affairs team's work related to the organization's Markets & Food Goal, Forest Goal and external engagement on WWF's work with private sector partners.
* Works with the lead specialist to support the Media & External Affairs' team's work with the Markets & Food Goal and Forest Goal focusing on deforestation, agriculture and commodities.
* Implements comprehensive, integrated and proactive external affairs and public relations tactics to promote WWF's engagement with key audiences, including the private sector and sustainability leaders to deliver on the organization's conservation goals through multiple channels.
* Under the guidance of the lead specialist, coordinates sustainable food, forests and private sector engagement elements of external communications strategies for top-tier priorities and campaigns. Works with communications and program staff to develop and implement these strategies.
* As needed, acts as MXA's liaison and coordination point with other WWF offices on across various conservation and sustainability issues. Works with media and program staff at WWF-International and other WWF National and Program Offices.
* Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with conservation and sustainability media, and internally with other WWF teams in Marketing and Communications, the Private Sector Engagement, Forests and Food & Markets teams, and across all WWF's Goals.
* A Bachelor's degree is required as is knowledge of working with media and engaging in digital public relations tactics.
* Minimum 4 years of professional experience in public relations or journalism is required.
* A background in communications related to environmental or sustainability issues or other scientific fields is preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/pd2typs6fcjmw2fp