The Senior Technical Editor & Team Lead edits and produces various documents to prepare them for Floyd|Snider audiences. They collaborate with our scientists and engineers and work with them on polishing submittal materials, while adhering to our style guide. They also act as a bridge between company management and the technical editing team and provide team coordination and scheduling of multiple deliverables each week. Finally, they are skilled at working with a diverse group of project teams and enjoy ensuring balanced workloads for their team.
Strong writing skills are valued; however, this is not a technical writing position.
- 3-5 years of experience editing, preferably in technical editing or related scientific fields
- 1-2 years of experience leading a group of editors and word processors
- Familiarity with environmental or engineering language, or a proven ability to learn new jargon and reporting styles
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with Microsoft Word (e.g., customized styles and templates, creating/modifying tables, inserting/removing section breaks, developing Tables of Contents, customizing headers and footers, etc.)
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with Microsoft Excel (e.g., editing complex data tables, working with formulas, formatting, linking to other worksheets, brainstorming how to best present data, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro (compiling complete documents with graphics, tables, and text into a PDF file with bookmarks and links)
- Experience with the Chicago Manual of Style Volume 15 or higher
This is a full-time, exempt, permanent position with a salary range of $85k – 90k annually. This is primarily an office-based position where staff are required to be in the office 2 – 3 days per week on average. Employees can create flexible work schedules that include core hours from 9 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday. Project work may require periodic overtime work.