New York, NY
Quanta Magazine seeks an experienced, all-purpose senior editor to assign and edit science and math articles and assist in managing our small, growing newsroom.
• At least five years' experience as a science editor for an established news organization.
• Experience supervising the work of other writers, copy editors and fact checkers, as well as the ability to attract top-notch freelancers.
• Must be comfortable editing feature-length articles under web deadlines and be fluent in the best print editing standards and online conventions.
• Must have copy editing and display copy writing experience, be detail-oriented and organized, and demonstrate mastery of the highest standards of written English.
• Must be comfortable working for a digital publication and be knowledgeable about best practices in SEO and social media. Candidates who come from a print background must have some familiarity, however derived, with online culture and how it functions.
Quanta Magazine is an award-winning, editorially independent online publication launched by the Simons Foundation to enhance public understanding of science. Our reporters and editors focus on developments in mathematics, theoretical physics, theoretical computer science and the basic life sciences, with an emphasis on delivering timely, accurate, in-depth and well-crafted articles for our broad, discerning audience. Quanta has syndication partnerships with Wired, The Atlantic, Scientific American, The Washington Post and other publications, has published two books (Alice and Bob Meet the Wall of Fire and The Prime Number Conspiracy) and our articles have been translated into several languages.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7sdpqxs77rmw3m7r