SME Media’s Senior Editor is responsible for researching markets and topic areas. Securing contracts with authors. This individual edits and writes manuscripts, additionally they monitor production of assigned products. Also, acts as inside technical resource.
• Acts as premier technical resource in specific topic areas, such as aerospace & defense manufacturing.
• Solicits, recruits, and contracts with authors for all print and digital platforms. Oversees progress of contracted authors. Researches, gathers, and edits illustrations and other material for articles as necessary.
• Investigates potential new topics, based on market research, technological trends, expert interviews, etc.
• Serves as the lead editor for certain designated product areas, such as magazine features, eNewsletters or Yearbooks.
• Edits and writes manuscripts for all print and digital platforms. Assures technical accuracy. Obtains and verifies for accuracy appropriate drawings, charts, formulas, graphs, and tables.
• Develops and maintains an understanding of the needs of the SME customer base.
• Maintains adherence to budgets and schedules.
• Represents SME at conferences and tradeshows.
• Serves as Webinar host when required.
• Other duties as assigned.