New York, NY
The Senior Editor ensures the high quality of agency materials through attention to detail and superior editing and proofreading skills. Also proactively manages editorial aspects of all material pertaining to assigned brand.
What we expect from you
• Fact checks all claims and statements against provided references.
• Determines that references are acceptable sources (e.g., published articles, chapters from published books) and obtains appropriate sources when necessary.
• Checks accuracy of all graphs, charts, and calculations, and verifies permissions and “adapted from” lines.
• Checks reference lists against hard copy references in the folder.
• Reviews copy for comprehension and flow.
• Documents queries throughout, notating answers neatly and concisely with initial and date.
• Ensures that all boilerplate copy/components are included and in correct order.
• Ensures that all spelling and grammar are correct.
• Checks style against AMA and client’s guidelines.
• Discusses all queries with copywriter or person best qualified to provide answers.
• Keeps a style sheet and/or checklist for each product, noting anomalies and deviations from AMA style and the correct way to style/spell frequently occurring terms.
• Maintains an open and free dialogue with his/her product team, especially copywriter and account executives to facilitate the free flow of ideas, more complete agreement on issues, greater accuracy, and a stronger team.
• Builds relationships and fosters communication among team members, including Copy, Traffic, and Account to help achieve the efficient flow of materials.
• Proactively manages brand workload.
Background/experience and skills
• College degree required.
• 3-5 years of industry experience.
• Supervisory experience a plus.
• Knowledge of AMA style required.
• Familiarity with FDA regulations regarding pharmaceutical advertising required.
• Computer programs (please list all software skills that are required and all skills that may be helpful but are not required)