Ballantine Communications Inc. is seeking multi-skilled editor to lead DGO Magazine, an alt-weekly focusing on arts, entertainment, lifestyle and culture aimed at millennials and beyond in Southwest Colorado.
• You have a vision for what a dynamic alt-weekly looks and feels like with ideas on how to grow a younger audience.
• You know what matters to millennial audiences and have a desire to own Durango’s arts and culture scene with a fondness and passion for the magazine’s subject matter.
• You can manage, coach, collaborate with, and direct a staff of full-timers and contributors, as well as contributing to efforts in marketing and advertising departments.
• You are a problem-solver with high standards, willing and able to work with little supervision.
• You have knowledge of AP style and can edit stories and write compelling headlines for print and online.
• You are boundlessly curious and are never short on story and content ideas, including alt-formats. This to go along with refined aesthetic for design and visuals
• You fully understand how people consume news online and on the go, and have the passion and skills for social media and multimedia platforms.
• You are comfortable maneuvering on stilts but usually refute requests to perform rodeo “tricks.”
• You are excited about being the public face of the magazine and are a regular on the arts, entertainment, and nightlife scene.
About this job:
Requirements: You have a degree in a relevant field of study and have experience as a writer and/or editor for newspapers or magazines.
To apply online, upload resume, cover letter (Don’t underestimate the power of an effective cover letter … make it count!), references and at least six examples of writing and/or editing http://ballantinecommunicationsinc.com/careers/hot-jobs.