Remote / Freelance
REMOTE COPYEDITORS NEEDED - MPS North America LLC is currently recruiting experienced copyeditors with science backgrounds (at least a bachelor of science degree in a scientific discipline). Our current need is for Physical Sciences copyeditors, though editors from all scientific backgrounds are welcome to apply. MPS is an international leader in editorial and publishing services, managing a talented group of freelancers copyediting peer-reviewed journal articles to style for major STEM journal publishers. NOTE: Prior copyediting experience is REQUIRED to apply for this position.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• BS degree or higher in scientific disciplines such as Geology, Physics, Chemistry, Ecology, Botany, Agronomy, Soil Science, Biology, Medicine, and any other natural/physical science
• Prior research journal copyediting experience
• Fluent English speakers with exceptional grasp of style, grammar, and language skills
• Expertise in scientific style guides (AMA, ACS, etc)
• Computer literate
• Superb attention to detail
• Additional copyediting experience / qualifications
• Experience editing in web-based editing platforms
• Postgraduate scientific qualifications
Candidates must complete and pass a challenging copyediting test. Successful applicants will receive subsequent software and style training. Please email your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your specific fields of scientific experience/expertise, and how you heard about this position.