We are looking for a Scientific Editor to join the editorial team of Cell Reports Physical Science (CRPS) handling physics. CRPS is a new high quality, open access Cell Press journal spanning the whole of the physical sciences including chemistry, physics, energy, materials science, and related areas. CRPS will sits alongside Cell Reports, Cell Press’s premier life science open access journal now in its 8th year, and also has close ties with Chem, Joule and Matter.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and editorial team to manage physics content and to shape and develop the journal as it grows. Responsibilities will include assessing submitted research papers, making editorial recommendations, and overseeing the peer review process; commissioning reviews and preview articles; traveling to scientific conferences and academic institutes; developing strong ties with relevant research communities; organizing scientific conferences; and contributing to Cell Press growth and innovation projects.
Applicants must hold a PhD in physics or a closely related field, and post-doctoral experience/previous editorial experience would be beneficial but are not essential for the role. Full training will be provided on the job, as part of a growing and vibrant team.
What we are looking for:
Some of the key attributes that we are looking for in the ideal candidate are:
(1) A PhD in physics or a related scientific discipline
(2) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
(3) Proven strong and global research networks and connections
(4) Broad scientific interest in science and publishing
(5) Critical thinking and the willingness to learn and absorb new areas of research
(6) The ability to work successfully both independently and in a diverse global team