The CDM Group, Inc., seeks a Science Writer to produce content for print and digital media. Our collaborative team develops publications in many formats to educate diverse audiences about best practices in public health, especially addiction and mental health services. The position may be part- or full-time per candidates’ credentials, experience, and availability.
The writer will have experience researching, writing, and revising science/health content, preferably in behavioral health, and must be able to:
• Independently search, review, vet, and synthesize research from primary sources.
• Write engaging, concise, evidence-based content to convey actionable health knowledge.
• Adapt/streamline complex information for diverse target audiences.
• Tailor content for diverse formats: manuals, curricula, fact sheets, reports, blogs, social media, etc.
• Bachelor’s or higher in psychology, social work, communications, or adjacent field.
• 3+ years writing science/health content and managing production schedules.
• Strong writing skills, especially making scientific content accessible to lay audiences.
• Ability to analyze, critique, and synthesize research with SME guidance.
• Experience substantively editing in response to reviewer feedback under tight deadlines.
• High Microsoft Word proficiency.
• Terminal degree in psychology, social work, communications, or adjacent field of study.
• Clinical training or administrative experience in the mental health or addictions field.
• Significant published work reflecting skill in writing/editing addiction/mental illness content.
• Knowledge of evidence-based/best practices in public health services, especially behavioral health.
• Familiarity with recovery communities/movements.
• Experience developing materials to promote health publications.
• Experience writing/managing proposals.
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume (include salary requirements) in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org c/o Ms. Margaret Miles, HR Coordinator. CDM, an EOE employer, offers a collegial environment, growth opportunities, and benefits including annual leave, generous 401(k), and paid individual health insurance for employees working 24+ hrs/wk. For more information, see www.cdmgroup.com.