Recruitment is ongoing for a number of freelance copyediting positions with MPS North America, a leader in editorial and publishing services for the STM journal community. We are seeking experienced copyeditors with scientific backgrounds (at least a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline). This ongoing project involves copyediting peer-reviewed journal articles to style for a major STM journal publisher.
• BSc or higher in scientific disciplines such as Ecology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Geology, Botany, Agronomy, Soil science, Biology, Medicine, Physics and any other natural/physical science
• Prior research journal copyediting experience
• Native English speakers with exceptional grasp of grammar and language skills
• Computer literate
• Superb attention to detail
• Additional copyediting experience / qualifications
• Experience editing in a web-based editing platforms
• Postgraduate scientific qualifications
Candidates must complete a copyediting test. Successful applicants will receive subsequent software and style training. Please email your resume/CV to email@example.com, and include your specific fields of scientific experience/expertise, and how you heard about this position.