We are looking for a biomedical research scientist and/or research clinician to join the EBioMedicine editorial team as a full-time, in-house, senior editor. EBioMedicine is a premier open-access translational research journal published by The Lancet. As a member of our international team, you would be responsible for a broad range of contributions to the journal, including soliciting the best content; reading and evaluating submitted research papers; managing peer-review; identifying timely, emerging topics to commission for review articles; writing editorials on specific biomedical topics that align with the mission of EBioMedicine; and promotion of our content online and through social media. The job also entails traveling to scientific conferences and research institutions where you will directly interact with the scientific community and hear about cutting-edge research developments. This is an exciting opportunity to be engaged in shaping and guiding the leading edge of biomedical and translational research, as well as an opportunity to facilitate the process of scientific discourse and communication between both basic and clinical researchers.
This full-time position will be based in either the Cambridge, MA or New York City office.
• A strong interest in advancing EBioMedicine’s mission of facilitating communication between basic and clinical researchers
• A Ph.D. and/or M.D. with a research background in any area of biomedical science
• Postdoctoral and/or editorial experience would be an advantage
• Ability to think critically about a wide range of scientific, biomedical, and translational research issues
• Strong communication skills
• Interest in engaging with the scientific and clinical research communities
• Talent for distilling complex concepts and communicating them clearly
• The ability to work well in diverse team settings
Please submit a cover letter and CV