MPS North America LLC is actively recruiting experienced research journal copyeditors with physical science backgrounds (at least a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline). This is a remote freelance position. It is open to international candidates. An international leader in editorial and publishing services, MPS manages a talented, ever-growing group of freelancers copyediting peer-reviewed journal articles to style for major STM journal publishers.
· Prior research journal copyediting experience
· BSc or higher in a physical science discipline such as Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Materials Science, Nanotechnology, Astronomy, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Photonics, Electronics and any other physical science. (MPS is also searching for candidates in natural, biological, and medical sciences.)
· Fluent English speakers with exceptional grasp of style, grammar, and language skills
· Computer literate
· Superb attention to detail
· Additional copyediting experience / qualifications
· Experience editing in web-based editing platforms
· Postgraduate scientific qualifications
Candidates must complete a rigorous copyediting test. Successful applicants will receive subsequent software and style training. Please email your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your specific fields of scientific experience/expertise, and how you heard about this position.