The Epoch Times, English language edition, is looking for an experienced copy editor to join our team.
You will work remotely but in close communication with our copy chief, as well as writers and editors, to ensure our content meets our standards of quality, accuracy, clarity, and style. You are flexible and open to constantly improving your skills through feedback on your work, as well as helping others improve by giving honest but kindly delivered feedback. You have an excellent eye for detail and the conventions of journalistic writing across news and features sections. You are able to manage your time well to meet tight deadlines.
The Epoch Times reports fairly and accurately on politics, U.S. news, world news, and other topics, striving to be an independent news source with the highest standard of integrity. Our other content areas include general interest news, business, health, food, travel, and traditional arts and culture.
Details and Requirements :
- Work remotely, Sunday through Thursday. Hours TBD.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or other writing-intensive major
- Ability to work independently while remaining in close communication with colleagues
- Strong editorial and grammar skills, with an excellent command of the English language
- Experience with fact checking
- Proficiency in AP style preferred
- Experience with Google Suite preferred
- Experience with WordPress and content management systems a plus
Email resume with references and cover letter explaining your interest in working for The Epoch Times to firstname.lastname@example.org