Santa Rosa, CA
The eLearning Guild is looking for a full-time Publications Specialist to perform editing and desktop publishing functions. Working in our Santa Rosa office and reporting to the Publications Manager, the Publications Specialist will copyedit and proofread Guild content; lay out white papers, conference guides, and other publications; and upload material to our content management system.
If you have sharp editing skills and are proficient in Adobe InDesign, we want to hear from you!
• Copy edit and proofread documents and materials such as event publications, research reports, course handouts, eBooks, magazine articles, white papers, and promotional materials for consistency, clarity, accuracy, flow, and cleanness
• Maintain consistency in standards set by company style guide
• Format, combine, and lay out text, numerical data, photographs, charts, and other visual graphic elements to create cohesive, visually appealing documents
• Produce publication-ready documents and materials such as event publications, white papers, and other documents
• Upload material to the company’s content management system
• Manage multiple priorities under deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to copy edit for consistency, clarity, flow, and accuracy
• Exceptionally detail-oriented
• Strong grasp of grammar
• Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and ability to learn and apply a house style
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign