Proofread and edit written materials, compose verbiage for marketing materials, ensure consistency of organization image, and other related assignments
Bachelor Degree in English
Three years’ experience in editing and proofreading publications including letters, catalogs, brochures, flyers, advertisements, websites, and other electronic content
Special Knowledge and Skills:
1. Proficient in recent versions of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
2. Knowledge of copyright laws and regulations relating to print and web-based content
-Understanding of the editorial and publication guidelines of The Chicago Manual of Style, The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, and The MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing
Experience in educational setting
1. Proofread/edit advertising and promotional publications and products.
2. Write marketing materials.
3. Collaborate with graphics design staff and project stakeholders to produce quality products and marketing materials.
4. Educate center personnel on best practices for writing.
5. Communicate with project stakeholders regarding edits.
6. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.