The International Association of Chiefs of Police is at the forefront of policing, working to engage communities and promote best practices. The IACP takes on a myriad of new initiatives that enhance policing, member services and brings continued innovation to the field. The Association is looking for people with the passion, energy, and commitment to help us move the field of criminal justice forward. We seek an editorial project coordinator to support the administrative and editorial aspects of IACP’s monthly magazine, Police Chief. The magazine has an approximate print circulation of 28,000+ and is read by more than 88,000 law enforcement professionals around the globe. In addition, the magazine has a website that includes repurposed print content and select online-only content. Primarily a submission-driven publication, the authors include law enforcement leaders, academics, researchers, and other criminal justice professionals.
Working with Police Chief’s managing editor and various staff members, the project coordinator will:
• Assist with gathering and synthesizing information for in-house magazine content.
• Conduct interviews and develop narratives for magazine content featuring products and projects.
• Develop magazine front and back matter, such as the table of contents and index.
• Copyedit content in accordance with house style and guidelines.
• Check proofs at various stages of production.
• Craft social media posts about content and other related topics and coordinate with the communications team to ensure they have all needed elements.
• Post content on magazine website and update archived content.
• Coordinate the receipt, acknowledgement, and tracking of manuscripts.
• Coordinate the manuscript review process.
• Communicate with stakeholders (authors, vendors, partners, etc.) as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional details of the opportunity can be found on the How to Apply url.