Under the supervision of the Dir Comms Wildlife Conservation, assists with the planning, coordination, communication and implementation of program priorities and activities in areas of assignment. May develop and plan regional programs and field projects.
• Assists with program and project management by responding to requests for oral and written information. Works directly with project personnel, grantees, donors, consultants, and others to facilitate coordination, communication, and regular reporting.
• Facilitates and coordinates the preparation of short- and long-term project plans. Drafts, reviews and edits written program materials. Drafts, and with appropriate approval, finalizes department overviews and reports.
• Monitors and analyzes new technical information, policy development issues, and trends related to the program and advises others accordingly. Keeps abreast of issues in areas in which WWF has an ongoing interest. Responsible for acquiring and gathering data relevant to specific conservation projects from conservation peers, governmental agencies, and universities.
• Reviews the performance outcomes and status of all activities and evaluates and reports these results, as well as recommendations for corrective action. May travel to project sites to monitor and evaluate project progress and reports back, verbally and in writing.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree is required. A graduate degree in a related field is preferred, such as natural resources management, environmental science, international development, or conservation policy
• Position requires two to four years of experience in communications, wildlife conservation and understanding of international conservation issues.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
• Good interpersonal skills
Apply here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vxs7r7xpsfb2cfyk