Web-based showbiz media outlet is seeking an experienced editor for the American market
Our main topics: showbiz, celebs & their family members; actors, musicians, sports stars, TV hosts and other well known figures for the readers in the U.S., also the British royal family and worldfamous stars from Europe. Lifestyle, some useful information, lifehacks and consumer’s hints.
– Management of the Editorial office (authors, content editors etc);
– Editing of the news, created by our authors: the editor may find the new plot twists - ‘turns’ in routine news agenda - and lead the authors to recreate those to new sounding stories (we explain and teach how to do that);
– Monitoring of news sources - social networks, other media, to find new themes for the authors.
– Knowledge of American English at Advanced level is required;
– Understanding of the current trends in news, ability to find interesting stories;
– Ability to write with concision (our news stories are very short - usually around 500 characters each, including spaces!), interestingly and compellingly ,
– Headlines and news must be eye-catching, texts - unique after automated check.
– 100% remote work, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day (exact working time - depending on your time zone);
– Salary from $2500 and more according to your experience: starting amount will be defined after the interview and the results of the tests & trial period (from 1-2 days up to a week - without payment; after that - up to a month with payment of salary; after that - salary and monthly / quarterly / yearly bonuses from the website's audience growth);
– Salary can be paid in different currencies according to your demands.