The raywenderlich.com Tutorial Team is currently looking for two to three copyeditors to join our team. If you’re an experienced copyeditor, join raywenderlich.com for regular, paid work that will help you grow!
The raywenderlich.com Tutorial Team is known for making the highest quality technical tutorials, books and videos available online. One reason why our tutorials are so great is that each goes through an intensive editing process.
What Language Editors Do:
The language editor role is *not* a technical role. You don’t need to understand the code in the tutorials you work with. Instead, you’ll improve the overall flow of the tutorial, rearranging text or rewriting sentences, where necessary.
Language editors will receive about one tutorial a week with a one-week deadline per tutorial. We offer a rate of $100 USD per tutorial.
You MUST Be:
* A native English speaker.
* At least two years of previous professional copyediting experience.
* Looking for long-term, regular work. We ask for a commitment of at least six months.
* Willing and able to hit deadlines reliably.
* Able to understand and follow a detailed in-house style guide.
* Knowledgeable of AP style.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Has a firm grasp of grammar/spelling.
* Is detail-oriented.
* Is a good communicator.
* Is familiar with editing blog posts/content in WordPress.
Bonus points for:
* Basic technical (programming) knowledge — this is helpful, but not necessary.
* Experience editing technical documents (even if this is in a field like medicine, law, or science).
* Basic understanding of HTML and/or Markdown.
* A good sense of humor.
* Basic knowledge of GitHub.
How to Apply:
To apply, email email@example.com with a cover letter describing your fit to the requirements in the body of your email and your LinkedIn profile and/or your resume. Thanks!