New York, New York, 10065
Apply by February 21, 2018
Seeking a versatile, experienced grant writer-editor who can work individually and within a team to succinctly and compellingly articulate the grant aims of a variety of different research scientists across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research, write, and edit grants and grant-related documents for WCM’s faculty. Particular effort will be focused towards WCM’s collaborative research initiatives. This position calls for roughly 60% writing and 40% editing.
• Establish and maintain relationships with WCM staff, and become familiar with activities at the WCM campus, to help identify and develop grant opportunities. Proactively seek opportunities for peer-reviewed funding.
• Work with WCM staff and scientists to write and review grant content. Set expectations, establish and meet deadlines, negotiate edits and other changes, and move approved content forward. As needed, serve as a project manager, ensuring that the work and team are organized, and on schedule for grant submission, while adjusting for any challenges that might arise.
• PhD plus 4-7 years of publishing and grant editing experience, with a proven track record of obtaining funding.
• Experience in substantive editing, stylistic editing, and copyediting required. Experience in developmental and plain-language editing desirable.
• Advanced knowledge of medical terminology; technical publishing; grammar, syntax, and usage; new media, print, and web-based writing processes. Proficiency in Word and Excel.
• Ability to understand and communicate complex information.
• Ability to organize electronic and print data materials.
• Proficiency in Word and bibliographic/reference management software (i.e., EndNote) required. Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Writer, Quark Express or InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator helpful.
• Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with shifting demands.
• An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.