To be part of the JAMA Network is to be part of our Mission to promote the science and art of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the JAMA team as a Manuscript Editor. In this role, you will edit scientific articles written by physicians and researchers for a specialized medical readership of clinicians and academicians.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
[See Application Link for Detailed Description]
• Minimum education of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, English, or biological/physical sciences
• 3+ years of related experience preferably as a manuscript editor, or proofreader for medical, scientific, or technical publications
• Background in science, knowledge of medical terminology, and familiarity with AMA Manual of Style and research methods
• Familiarity with electronic editing software and content management systems
• High level of concentration for editing; attention to detail critical
• Strong interpersonal communication skills required in regular and frequent contacts with authors, editors, and production staff
• Ability to organize, assign priority to assignments, and function under pressure to meet fixed deadlines
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply for the position at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=1426&source=ACES. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION