WES is looking for a savvy, detail-oriented managing editor to join our strategic communications team. Candidates must have the ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of internal and external subject matter experts and sources into compelling and flawless articles, posts, reports, and other collateral. Candidates must possess a zeal for encouraging collaboration and acting as a connector between a wide range of programs and departments. Candidates must be adept at obtaining direction from (and reporting on status to) senior leadership; directly managing communications staff and external resources; indirectly managing cross-functional peers to deadline. Finally, candidates must be enthusiastic and curious about international education, global mobility, immigrant integration, philanthropy, and similar topics.
Duties included but not limited to:
• Accountable for ensuring editorial quality and driving improvement in communications efforts across WES
• Creating, modifying, and managing processes that insure the delivery of high-quality, mission-aligned content from a variety of contributors and sources throughout the organization
• Overseeing the timely, responsive, and transparent execution of the editorial calendar in alignment with and augmenting departmental, programmatic, social, and seasonal calendars
• Meeting with department heads, program directors, subject matter experts, communications managers, and other personnel to identify effective and strategic content creation opportunities and keep all team members updated on work progress.
• Supervising the content creation process from ideation through writing through editing and publishing, including necessary multimedia and preparation for appropriate paid, earned, and owned channels, necessary metadata, etc.
• Planning/approving assignments for writers and editors; determining schedules and managing deadlines; evaluating copy for compliance with policies, style, and tone; identifying and tracking meaningful measures of audience engagement and impact
• Direct management of key strategic communications staff
• Be enthusiastic and proactive about optimizing communications processes to ensure top quality content