POSITION: Managing Editor of American Archaeology magazine
General Information: The Archaeological Conservancy is the only national organization that acquires, preserves, and manages archaeological sites in the U.S. It is a small, but growing organization with national headquarters in Albuquerque.
The Conservancy publishes a popular magazine, American Archaeology, that covers American archaeology as well as reports on Conservancy activities. All color, quarterly. First issue was March 1, 1997. Circulation is about 30,000. See www.archaeologicalconservancy.org
1. Overall responsibility for all aspects of the production of the quarterly magazine.
2. Responsible for production of all editorial materials with the aid of art director, Conservancy staff, freelance writers and photographers, proof readers, etc.
3. Liaison with contract printer on magazine production.
4. Coordinate schedule, concept design, and copy of the magazine.
5. Budget and financial management.
6. Write as needed.
1. Demonstrated preservation ethic and/or public interest ethic. Very high motivation.
2. Bachelors degree in journalism, English, or related field with minimum four years experience in magazine or newspaper editing.
3. Knowledge and interest in American archaeology.
5. Excellent writing and typing skills.
6. Ability to organize and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and to get them completed on time.
7. Ability to work independently and decisively.
Availability: November 2022
Salary: DOE with excellent benefits.
Application: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org