Managing Editor, American Economic Review: Insights (AER: Insights)
Reporting to the Editor of AER: Insights and the Director of Publications, the Managing Editor is responsible for overseeing the peer-review process and the production of the journal, supporting all operations related to its ongoing mission.
• Supports and collaborates with the editor and coeditors
• Copyedits manuscripts and reference lists
• Performs plagiarism-checking
• Works closely with authors of accepted articles to integrate corrections and to assist with preparation of ancillary materials
• Establishes effective methods, processes, and tools to support content production and quality assurance; recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements
• Oversees manuscript tracking system, submission fee reports, and referee payment requests
• Works with the editor to assemble data and tables for annual report to the AEA Executive Committee
• Assists with orientation of new coeditors and editorial board members
• Assures submission of copyright transfer agreements, datasets, and conflict of interest statements
• Collaborates with staff of the other AEA journals, as well as the AEA web, prepress, and marketing departments
This is an on-site, full-time position.
Two years copyediting experience
Five years office experience, including professional correspondence
Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style a plus
Must pass a copyediting skill test during the interview process
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong time management skills
Familiarity with InCopy a plus
The AEA Publications office is located on Pittsburgh's South Side. It is a professional, relaxed, and collaborative atmosphere.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
The AEA does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, non-job-related disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.