Boston, MA (Remote until at least 7/1/21)
The National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) seeks a Legal Editor to join our talented editorial team. This position will be reomte through at least through June 30th, 2021. Once normal routines are safe to resume, a regular, in-office work schedule in our Boston office will be required.
NCLC is a nonprofit advocacy organization that seeks to build economic security and family wealth for low-income and other economically disadvantaged Americans. NCLC is also an active online and print publisher with a dynamic digital platform that integrates content, a bookstore, a subscription service, and other e-commerce features. NCLC releases approximately 21 updated and new titles a year for thousands of lawyers and consumers.
• Copy editing and proofreading in preparation of print and digital editions.
• Engaging in legal research as necessary.
• Overseeing and preparing all appendices, including compiling, preparing, and tracking documents at all stages of production.
• Ensuring use of in-house editorial style and Bluebook citation form.
• JD from an accredited law school.
• One year of professional experience in copy editing is required.
• Technical or legal editing experience, such as law review or other legal journal, is preferred.
• Proficiency in Bluebook citation is required.
• Excellent computer skills (particularly Word, Excel, Westlaw, HTML).
Compensation and benefits: $56,000 - $71,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
NCLC offers an outstanding benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as pre-tax savings plans, a retirement savings opportunity, and generous paid time off including holidays, sick time, personal time, parental leave, and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter (subject: Legal Editor) and complete the online employment application.
The National Consumer Law Center is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.