Dragonfly Editorial helps organizations working in complex B2B industries communicate with clarity. We’re looking for new lead editors to steer large proposal projects involving multiples files, hundreds of pages, and teams of three or more editors.
Lead editor responsibilities:
• Serve as project manager on large editing projects (e.g., editing 200+-page documents in two or three days)
• Serve as single point of contact for clients and editors working on a project
• Copyedit text, following a standard style guide or the client’s in-house style
• Create project-specific style sheets
• Answer other editors’ questions related to style, process, deadlines, etc.
• Provide quality control on edited files
• Track status of files
What we’re looking for:
• 5+ years of editing experience
• Working knowledge of AP and APA styles and The Chicago Manual of Style
• Cheerful demeanor
• Digital savvy
• Pluses: experience editing proposals, familiarity with PerfectIt, knowledge of APMP principles
How to apply:
Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will need to take an editing test.
And remember: Research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, yet women and other marginalized folks often apply only when they fit every single item. If you believe you could excel in this role, but don’t meet every single criteria, please get in touch anyway.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dragonfly Editorial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.