Washington, Dist. Columbia
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a WILDLABS Intern.
WWF is seeking an intern to help support the WILDLABS (www.WILDLABS.net) global community, with key responsibilities including:
• Sourcing and drafting content for the WILDLABS 'Resources' section, including but not limited to researching and regularly posting jobs, grants, courses and training opportunities.
• Sourcing member-contributed case studies and 'From the Field' interviews from within our community, working with members to invite and develop these articles, and editing submitted pieces to a high standard, ready for online publication. Creatively using a range of content types (photography, video, text, and infographics) in the development of these articles.
• Identifying potential in-depth case studies of projects/members that have used WILDLABS effectively to further their work, for example by crowd-sourcing advice, meeting collaborators, and accessing funding).
• Researching, analyzing and writing compelling case studies that track the impact of WILD
• Keeping abreast of new developments in tech creation, design and utility and determine how that could be applied in a conservation context and share via discussion posts.
• Effectively using social media (primarily twitter, medium) to reach new audiences and engage our current members. Summarize and provide commentary on current community activity through maintaining twitter schedule and producing regular email digest.
• Representing WILDNET to the broader conservation and tech community at virtual and in person events, as required.
• Interest in virtual communities and advancing conservation technology.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
• A minimum of two years relevant experience, preferably with science communication or journalism.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong writing skills are a necessity. Capacity to developing engaging visual content is highly desirable.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Initiative, ability to prioritize and complete work on time.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/nqgwvtwy7bjpgh9z