Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring freelance editors with technical editing experience and PowerPoint skills to support the editorial effort for AWS events. This role primarily involves editing titles, abstracts, and PowerPoint presentations, though other types of content could be added to the workload as well. We are looking for individuals who can exhibit flexibility in responsibilities, editing needs, and changes to estimates.
Duties may include:
• Copyediting and proofreading for grammar, spelling, punctuation, AWS style, etc.
• Addressing formatting errors, legal issues (copyright and trademark violations), and AWS branding or messaging violations
• Editing content with a high degree of accuracy and without introducing errors or compromising the technical meaning, potentially without having direct access to the content creator
• Adjusting the level of edit and shifting priorities depending on project length, time allotted, deadlines, and other factors
• Working directly with presenters on last-minute changes to content in high-pressure environments
• Periodically participating in editorial meetings with AWS editors and successfully completing assigned trainings
• 5+ years of professional copyediting experience in a fast-paced environment
• A degree in English, technical communication, or a related field
• Proficiency with The Chicago Manual of Style
• Demonstrated ability to manage large volumes of work with minimal oversight and under tight deadlines
• Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint
• Experience editing technical content