ISTE Ltd, an independent international publishing company based in London, with publishing interests across the science, technology and humanities sector, is looking for Freelance Project Managers.
The role involves managing the production process from initial manuscript to print-ready text, including:
- checking initial manuscript and creating a report for copy-editors and type-setters;
- quality control of author proofs;
- checking author corrections and instructing type-setters;
- final quality checks, focusing on both text and layout;
- producing final print-ready proof.
Applicants should have previous project management experience, preferably in the science and technology field. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with impeccable spelling and grammar, and a good eye for detail are essential. As most of our English books are translations from French or written by French authors, proficiency in the French language would also be a definite advantage.
See our website for some of our previous publications: www.iste.co.uk