Medscape develops medical content for physicians and HCPs to stay abreast of the latest in clinical information. We are a looking for a freelance news copy editor with experience in medical content to copyedit, build, and publish news articles for Medscape Medical News.
The freelance news copy editor will:
• Copyedit news articles from a variety of sources as needed.
• Follow a blend of AMA and house styles.
• Master the use of in-house publishing software.
• Turn around news content (copyedited and published) within an hour, with occasional rush times such as Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings.
• Work in a pool of freelance copy editors.
• Work approximately 5 to 20 hours per week. Availability is on an as-needed basis, usually between 9 am and 5 pm ET. Occasional weekend work may be available.