Lumina Datamatics is seeking a FREELANCE editorial assistant to help manage and oversee the quality and processes and success of content or production related projects for our academic publishing clients. Hourly rate is $20-25 per hour.
· Oversee and ensure all required workflow and processes are followed and adhered to and troubleshoot and provide support to resolve any issues or blockers.
· Manage the design and art processes, which can involve soliciting instructions from the publisher and coordinating with internal design and art teams.
· Prepare/create all necessary project materials; triage, review and/or prepare all supplied materials required for production or other functional department.
· Coordinate with Permission Specialist on the photo program, ensuring hi-res photo files and credit/source lines are delivered according to schedule.
· Manage the offshore production team for print page layout or digital design layout, and corrections processes and including the offshore content development team for alternative text evaluation, authoring and corrections.
· Work with publisher contacts—sending weekly status reports, traffic/monitor work and schedules and/or being available for phone calls should questions/issues arise.
· Budget creation and management, invoicing, and monthly reporting based on active projects.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Adept at standard business applications (MS Office, Adobe, messaging applications) and able to learn new digital systems quickly
· Excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
· High attention to detail and organization
· Enthusiastic and self-motivated
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Confident working with a remote team that spans continents and time zones
· Excellent critical thinking skills
We'd love to hear from you! If interested, please send an updated copy of your resume or CV to Breanna.Sneeringer@luminad.com