Remote or NYC
We Are Seeking:
A highly motivated and dynamic freelance editor to copyedit and proofread our immersive technical training curricula. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in editing and publishing. They should be passionate about technology and be comfortable working with subject matter experts to edit publication-ready instructional materials for instructors and students.
Who You Are:
● You are passionate about copy. You love the idea of helping experts share their knowledge with the world in a way that is clear, engaging, and thoughtful.
● You thrive on bringing order to chaos and are someone who can be depended on to deliver highly polished deliveries consistently on time.
● You have an impeccable attention to detail. Misplaced bullets and stray lines of text drive you a little crazy.
● You understand the importance of style guides and consistency, and you aren’t afraid to push your weight to see them implemented correctly.
● You love the idea of impacting students through life-changing educational experiences.
In This Job You Will:
● Support editorial in expanding and maintaining style guides.
● Update word lists to maintain consistency in all curricula.
● Copyedit and/or proofread materials for style and clarity, as well as to align with brand style guidelines.
● Review corrections and QA materials to detect errors.
● Query or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies.
● Possess expert knowledge of English grammar and punctuation.
● Demonstrate excellent copy editing and proofreading skills.
● 5+ years of experience in traditional or online publishing (textbook experience a major plus).
● Proven experience working in content development for technical topics (Programming, IT, etc.), preferably in an educational format.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills, familiarity with electronic copyediting using Google Docs.
● Demonstrated success meeting deadlines in fast-paced, multiproject environments.