As part of the M3 group, Edanz Group Japan provides scientific and language support services including manuscript development, gap and situational analyses, strategic publication plans, protocol design, and educational tools and solutions.
We are currently looking for part-time, freelance copy editors to join our Freelance Quality Control Team. The position involves working from home, providing a final copy edit and/or proofread to a variety of STM documents, as well as providing feedback to our freelance field-specific expert editors.
**Please note that we are looking for candidates who have availability to work during our business hours (8:30-18:00 Japan Standard Time).**
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, English-language institution
● Two years’ professional copy editing/proofreading experience
● Editing certification (e.g., BELS, SfEP)
● Copy editing/proofreading experience for a scientific or technical publication or
● Familiarity with scholarly publishing
● Excellent English grammar and language ability
● Good writing skills and a love of language
● Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities
● Quick learner who can handle a wide range of tasks
● Highly computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Ability to work independently or as part of a team
● Flexible - comfortable with varying amounts of work
Please send a CV and cover letter with “Freelance Quality Control Position” in the subject line of your email to Luke Kenyon, Quality Control Manager, at lkenyon [at] edanzgroup.com.
Be sure to include contact information for at least two professional references who are familiar with your work and can be contacted via email; applications without professional references will not be considered.
Please understand that, owing to the large number of applications, unsuccessful applicants may not receive a response.