Ivey Publishing provides business cases with a global perspective. Clear and concise Ivey cases are lauded by academics for meeting the rigorous demands of management education by responding to the needs of business and society.
Editors help ensure that our cases are clear, concise, and of the highest quality. Editors perform the following tasks to ensure structural, stylistic, and copy quality:
• Adherence to CMOS17, Oxford Canadian Dictionary, etc.
• Line edit and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax
• Revise for clarity, concision, and consistency
• Check for reproduction quality
• Verify facts, dates, and statistics using standard reference sources
• List permissions needed and provide assistance to ensure copyright law is respected
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Assess quality of the material and determine appropriate editorial intervention.
• Review documents and ensure all are consistent, correct and the content, language, style, and layout adhere to spelling, grammar, and style guides.
• Review documents to ensure correctness, consistency, accuracy and completeness.
• Assess and shape material to improve organization, clarify meaning, improve flow, and smooth language.
• Recognize and recommend changes or clarification for issues of questionable accuracy, inadequate research or unclear meaning.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate degree (e.g., English) in a directly related field is strongly preferred.
• Five years of experience in an editing capacity preferred.
• English language proficiency is a must.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft.
• A high degree of attention to quality and detail.
• Ability to prioritize work autonomously.
• Excellent reading comprehension skills.
• Excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, and language rules.
• Knowledge of copyright law.
• Experience with works in area of business would be an asset.
Paid per hour/as-needed basis
Qualified candidates should forward applications to: email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.