We are looking for part-time, freelance copy editors to join our Freelance Quality Control Team.
This remote position involves providing a final copy edit and/or proofread to a variety of STM documents and providing feedback to our freelance field-specific expert editors. We are looking for candidates with availability to work during our current business hours (Monday to Friday 9:30-18:00 JST) and/or on Saturday (in the near future – hours not yet determined).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, English-language institution
- Native English speaker
- Private (not shared) PC, using a private Internet connection
- Two years’ professional copy editing/proofreading experience
- Excellent English grammar and language ability
- Good writing skills and a love of language
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities
- Quick learner who can handle a wide range of tasks
- Highly computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible - comfortable with varying amounts of work
Availability to work during Japan office hours (Monday to Friday 9:30-18:00 JST and/or Saturday) is required. Applicants ideally should be available for at least 3 days per week on a regular basis. Members of our Freelance QC team stipulate a maximum quota of pages that they are available to copy edit/proofread per day.
Please send a CV and cover letter with “Freelance Quality Control Position” in the subject line of your email. Please include contact information for two professional references who are familiar with your work and can be contacted via email; applications without professional references will not be considered.
Please understand that, owing to the large number of applications, unsuccessful applicants may not receive a response.