We are looking for Freelance Academic Editors who specialise in Medical, Life and Physical Sciences and Business & Management to edit articles written by ESL authors for publication in academic journals.
On a typical assignment, you will:
• Edit manuscripts so that the final text is in standard scientific English and has clear, well-structured sentences
• Format manuscripts according to the target journal where required and any other specific instructions
• Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
We’ll help you to develop to the next level as an Editor, through our supportive team culture, mentorship and feedback process.
Why Work with Charlesworth Author Services?
This is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic, friendly and expanding company. We offer competitive rates of pay and the opportunity to be a part of a supportive team, with whom you can genuinely develop your professional skills.
Our helpful, friendly staff is on hand to guide you through assignments. You will get full guidance on how to complete assignments; checklists to help work through papers; anonymized feedback from our QC team to support your professional development.
Additional benefits include:
• The ability to work from anywhere – we are a fully remote team
• Competitive rates and bases of pay and quick payment terms
• A streamlined online dashboard to facilitate assignments and show deadline reminders, with the ability to manage your availability (plus, we don’t penalise Editors if they are unavailable for assignments)
• Flexible invoicing options, all managed through your secure account dashboard
• Mentorship opportunities with Senior Editors
Our Ideal Candidate
Freelance Academic Editors must be native speakers of English and have a PhD, or equivalent, in their subject field and have 2 years' experience editing for language and journal guidelines.