NOTE: Wordvice ONLY accepts applications submitted through https://wordvice.com/career/editor/
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH EMAIL WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
THIS IS A 100% REMOTE POSITION.
Wordvice is looking for freelance academic editors with backgrounds in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physical science, business, and social science. (Backgrounds may be academic or professional.)
- Native fluency in English.
- Be enrolled in or have completed a graduate degree program in a relevant field.
- Knowledge and ability to apply various formatting styles, such as APA, MLA, and Chicago.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word and its "track changes" feature.
- A keen eye for spotting errors in writing.
- Edit and proofread academic manuscripts, e.g., journal submissions, medical reports, and response to reviewers.
- Write marginal comments explaining revisions and potential changes in authorial meaning.
- Write one overall comment to the author.
- Respond to order notifications in a timely manner and meet order deadlines.
- Reply to clients in a timely manner and answer any questions they may have regarding their documents.
- Pay rate ranges from 0.01 to 0.03 per word. (We do not pay per hour.)
- Pay rate depends on experience, sample test score, and level of education.
- Please include expected pay rate in application.