We are looking for freelance Editors specializing in Medical, Life and Physical Sciences and Business & Management to edit articles written by ESL authors for publication in academic journals.
As a Charlesworth Editor you will help academics achieve publication success and we’ll help you to develop to the next level as an editor, through our supportive team culture, mentorship and feedback process. While you will work remotely, you will always feel part of our team.
The role of an Editor
• Edit manuscripts so that the final text is in standard scientific English and has clear, well-structured sentences
• Format manuscripts according to the target journal where required and any other specific instructions
• Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
Why freelance for Charlesworth Author Services?
This is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic, friendly and expanding company.
Our helpful, friendly staff is on hand to guide you through assignments. You will get full guidance on how to complete assignments; checklists to help work through papers; anonymized feedback from our QC team to support your professional development.
Other advantages include:
• Work from anywhere – we are a fully remote team so it doesn’t matter where you’re based.
• Competitive rates and bases of pay and quick payment terms
• Streamlined online dashboard to facilitate assignments; deadline reminders; ability to manage your availability (we don’t penalize editors for unavailability).
• Flexible invoicing options, all managed through your secure account dashboard.
What you will need
Editors must be native speakers of English with a PhD or equivalent in their subject field and have 2 years' experience editing for language and journal guidelines. Other qualifications accepted include an MBA (for Business/Economics editors) and LLM (for Law). If you are interested, please send your CV to the email address listed.