NOTE: Wordvice ONLY accepts applications submitted through https://wordvice.com/career/editor/
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH EMAIL WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Wordvice is looking for freelance academic editors with backgrounds in medicine, chemistry, engineering, computer science, environmental science, and geology. (Backgrounds may be academic or professional.)
- Native fluency in English.
- Be enrolled in or have completed a graduate degree program in a relevant field.
- Knowledge and ability to apply various formatting styles, such as APA, MLA, and Chicago.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word and its "track changes" feature.
- A keen eye for spotting errors in writing.
- Edit and proofread academic manuscripts, e.g., journal submissions, medical reports, and response to reviewers.
- Write marginal comments explaining revisions and potential changes in authorial meaning.
- Write one overall comment to the author.
- Respond to order notifications in a timely manner and meet order deadlines.
- Reply to clients in a timely manner and answer any questions they may have regarding their documents.
- Pay rate depends on experience, sample test score, and level of education.
- Please include expected pay rate in application.