San Francisco, CA
Adecco Creative is assisting our client, a multilingual translation company, in their search for top notch proofreading talent for various upcoming projects. This is a great opportunity for anyone with a flexible schedule looking for some side work!
Freelance proofreaders are currently needed for both evening and weekend shifts; the evening shifts are Mondays and Tuesdays from 2 - 10pm and weekend shifts are Saturdays from 1 - 9pm and Sundays from 2 - 10pm. The hours can be flexible and will be scheduled on a weekly / as-needed basis. All work must be done onsite in the client’s San Francisco offices, accessible by BART. The role is paying $25 per hour.
The role will involve proofreading language-translated documents in the legal, business, financial, mechanical, medical, technical, and engineering fields for major law firms and corporations around the world. The role will also involve formatting the documents in MS Word to visually resemble their foreign language originals on a page-for-page basis and incorporating the company’s style manual to clearly and unobtrusively notate for the reader the occurrence of certain visual and contextual elements of the document, special situations, and translator’s notes. Interested candidates must be willing to take an MS Word proficiency test.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in English. Recent college grads are welcome!
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat/working with PDF’s and/or desktop publishing.
- Must be PC proficient and comfortable working in MS Word. Basic knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is needed.
- Previous proofreading experience of any kind (editorial, financial, legal, etc.).
- Previous editing and writing experience is a plus, but not required.