Magazine publishing company looking for a wordsmith with professional copy editing and proofing acumen who can meet strict deadlines and turn edits and proofs around in a day, or even an hour.
Special consideration for those who have worked in a daily publishing or daily newspaper environment.
• Ensure consistent style, tone, spelling, grammatical and punctuation usage across all channels.
• Review and edit stories pre- and post- layout entering changes into documents for processing.
• Serve as a resource to field all team questions about grammar, style, and usage.
• Ensures all information is accurate.
• Must be available and reliable and an impeccable communicator.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism
• Experience: 5-plus years of copy-editing experience, preferably with a magazine
• Skills: Strong attention to detail, process-oriented and organized. Ability to standardize the work of numerous writers into a cohesive style and tone. Familiarity with content management systems helpful
• Ability to work independently and quickly on multiple projects unflustered by frequent interruption
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload, working under pressure to accommodate schedules and meet deadlines
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong computer skills
• Strong research skills
• Ability and availability to write magazine-style narrative a plus.