Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 198,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
We are currently looking to hire editors on a contractual work-from-home basis in the Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering.
WHAT YOU NEED
A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in Medicine, Life Sciences, or Physical Sciences.
Excellent editing skills and attention to detail.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences.
Adhere to job-specific guidelines and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required.
Understand client and industry requirements and adapt your working approach accordingly.
Meet deadlines (which are driven by client deadlines).
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY
1. You can telecommute from anywhere.
2. You have the flexibility to choose your own timings and work hours. Meeting deadlines and the monthly minimum volume of 60,000 words is of vital importance.
3. Since this is a contractual arrangement, there is no mandatory time commitment. However, Editors typically tend to devote six to eight hours a day for this role.
4. Predictable volume of work per month. The more number of words you edit, the higher you are likely to earn. Our contractors edit 60,000 to more than 120,000 words on a monthly basis.
5. You can provide similar services to other entities. However, these services should not adversely affect the interests of CACTUS and confidentiality should be maintained.
Please access this link: https://tinyurl.com/yavet6h8