Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organization, seeks an Editorial Specialist. The Editorial Specialist sits on WWF-US's Editorial team and supports our mission to deliver compelling and valuable multiplatform content that communicates the work and mission of the organization to our membership, major donors, and partners.
The primary responsibilities of the Editorial Specialist will include: assist with production of WWF-US's quarterly membership magazine, World Wildlife, in all formats; pitch, write, and edit department articles for the magazine; manage production for several magazine reprint and special publications a year; and manage multiple ongoing print and administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate can write clear, engaging, accurate, and inventive copy; juggle deadlines across both short and long-form projects and content; efficiently manage their time, prioritize work, and keep projects on track; and work in a fast-paced team environment. This person will also possess a combination of proactive thinking, creativity, resourcefulness, adaptability, and attention to detail.
• Requires minimum of 4 years of professional experience; magazine experience welcome
• Strong editing skills and the ability to write clear, engaging, accurate, and inventive copy
• A professional, cooperative, and proactive attitude; strong sense of accountability; and willingness to meet the demands of a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards of quality and juggling multiple projects at once
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop) desirable but not required
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/j6xfp7jvghb9jbzb