Philadelphia, PA or Fort Lauderdale, FL (will start remote)
Scribe is seeking an Editorial Projects Manager who will oversee editorial services, working out of either our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, or Fort Lauderdale, Florida, office. Candidates must be well-organized, tech savvy, and experienced book editors. The Editorial Projects Manager will be responsible for project scheduling and interactions with other departments, clients, and authors. The Manager will work closely with other staff in the development of processes and procedures, and the training of our editorial staff.
• Ensure that the copyediting that Scribe performs is completed on-time, within budget, and to the clients’ expectations.
• Lead, direct, and oversee the editorial development of projects.
• Monitor project costs to ensure budgets remain on track.
• Collaborate in hiring and training of editorial staff.
• Maintain communication with clients and authors.
• Assign and schedule incoming copyediting work.
• Review copyediting samples.
• Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field.
• Minimum 3 years of experience performing project management duties, preferably in a book publishing environment.
• Excellent communication and management skills.
• Complete knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style.
• Solid computer skills.
• Ability to edit with consideration to an e-first, or digital, publishing strategy.
• Ability to edit for accessibility.
• Expert knowledge of fundamental editorial disciplines and processes, and book editing.
• Ability to mentor and guide editorial talent, prioritize work and resources, and provide timely and clear feedback.
• Ability to prioritize, manage resources across multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
• Highly motivated, productive, and detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to learn new digital systems quickly.
• Preference given to candidates who are fluent in Spanish.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package. To apply email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls. Scribe is an equal opportunity employer.