Research Triangle Park, NC; Washington, DC; Rockville, MD; Berkeley, CA; or Waltham, MA
RTI International is seeking a full-time editor to provide support for internal and external products, including technical reports, proposals, journal articles, and presentations in both print and electronic formats. Our editors are part of a large group of publications professionals, who enjoy career development opportunities, including training and a collegial working environment. RTI has a fast-paced, deadline-driven setting. Work will be on site at RTI’s offices in Washington, DC; Rockville, MD; Berkeley, CA; Waltham, MA; or Research Triangle Park, NC.
- Serving as the editorial intake point for projects and groups
- Editing documents at a variety of levels of edit
- Working on multiple projects and publications during the same time period
- Working on a variety of publications, including but not limited to those listed above, for grammar, style, and consistency, using established style guides
- Bachelor's degree with at least 3 full years of professional copyediting experience. Equivalent experience equals a Master's degree in a related field and at least 1 year of professional copyediting experience.
- Strong competency using Microsoft Office
- Effective organizational skills and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of plain language editing
- Skill in observing detail
- Ability to analyze tasks and determine appropriate level of effort
- Ability to understand and follow written instructions/guidelines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends to meet deadlines
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Ability to use styles to format Microsoft Word documents
- Familiarity with Section 508 compliance requirements
- Ability to remediate Web PDF files to comply with Section-508 accessibility
- Working knowledge of XML and HTML